Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turning 45

Tomorrow I turn 45 years old. Yup, 45. It sounds a lot older than 44, doesn't it? To me it does.



As the day approaches, I've been trying to come up with some grand way to make the transition from 44 to 45. Here are some ideas:

1. Run 20 miles today, 25 tomorrow for a total of 45

2. Get on the trail at 5:27 a.m. and run for 5 hours and 27 minutes

3. Run 20 miles, bike 25 miles

4. Run 45 minutes (too easy)

5. Run 5.27 miles (not grand)

6. Run 4.5 miles (not grand either)

7. Run 4.5 hours

8. Sleep in and do absolutely nothing


Obviously option #1 is not going to happen because I hiked five miles with my daughter this morning. I probably won't be running 20 or 25 miles tomorrow, due to my little incident involving my ankle. I will choose something though and have no doubt, I will make it GRAND!

Other than the running portion of tomorrow, I have a Giants game to attend with some family members. I can't decide if I want to go to a restaurant first or just eat ballpark food. We all know I love my ballpark food! And it has been brought to my attention that even if we do eat at a restaurant first, there are certain things I cannot ignore when I go to a Giants game (i.e. caramel corn, licorice whips, the newly discovered "elephant ears" with strawberries and whipped cream, peanuts, ice cream, etc.) Oh, and I want to go to IHOP and eat anything strawberry. They've been advertising a lot lately about strawberry pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc. I LOVE strawberries.

Perhaps I should choose an option that burns a lot of calories tomorrow, what do you think?


Until later, when I'm older.............

17 comments:

Missy said...

You must eat ballpark food! C'mon, what freak isn't going to eat some fried dough at the ballpark?! Sounds like a perfect Birthday to me. Enjoy your day, whatever you decide!

Unknown said...

Ballpark food for sure! Happy Birthday, JoLynn!! Enjoy your birthday no matter what you choose to do!

Anonymous said...

Do number 8! I would!

Happy, happy birthday!!!!

Bong said...

Happy birthday JoLynn!

Southbaygirl said...

First of all...damn you for not letting us know sooner that it was your birthday! I would have harassed you and sent you something! Hell I still might!!

As for your day...I know you'll have to do some sort of exercise tomorrow! So I opt for running 4.5 miles or the 5.27(how the hell you'll get that mileage exact without tacking on a few tenths! Then I'd go to the ballgame-i would choose a nice restaurant but only for the yummy vino-so since you don't drink-ballpark food!!!! But you gotta run first!!

I still want to send you something! Send me your address birthday girl!!! I turn 44 this year so I'm not too far behind you!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday crazy-single-track-runnin'-lady
Happy Birthday to you

I think you got it all wrong. Put on 4.5 pounds from eating ball park food!!! Hehehehe

René said...

yay celebrate! strawberry everything!

RunningLaur said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

lots and lots of strawberries. how about some strawberry margaritas? :)

Marlene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Can't wait to find out how you decided to commemmorate the occasion.

Aron said...

HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like you have an awesome day planned!!! Enjoy every second of it :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one!

leslie said...

Happy happy birthday! I hope your year is filled with amazing surprised and unexpected delights!

Donald said...

It's your birthday. Do whatever you feel like.

Have a great one!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure you had a great day, because you really know how to live a fun life (I'm so jealous of all your adventures!). Hope 45 is the best one yet!

Cynthia

MJ said...

I'm voting for ballpark food after #2 or #7. Sounds awesome to me...

montisse98 said...

Happy Birthday JoLynn!

Marcy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

OMG you are like the 4th Birthday I've read so far. Seems like everyone in B-Land has been born around this time (me too! hehe)

And no 45 does not seem that old. You don't look 45 so that's all that matters ;-)