Sunday, May 10, 2009

New friends and feet

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms of children, with or without fur!



My day started off very early this morning. The alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. because Boomer and I had a running date at 6:00. I made the date with Stacey (Run Bitch Run) so we could show her what Garin is all about, really. I tortured, I mean, showed her a good time, I think. The poor girl rode 84 miles yesterday! Yet, she hung in and we ran some of my favorite single track trails together, covering 10 miles. She told me she had 10 miles on her calendar so I gave it to her. It was a beautiful cool, clear morning. We chatted and laughed our way through all of the miles and complained about our sore boot-ays as we climbed some of the hills. If you think her blog is funny, she doesn't disappoint in person. And she is just as pretty too. ;) I truly hope she will make the drive up here again soon. Well, maybe after her Ironman in June.






I came home to flowers and this nice card from Boomer: (you must click on it to read it)

The inside says, "you are my best friend."


Then it was time to get pampered. Sara treated me to a pedicure at Pinkie's in The Livery shopping center in Danville. I hardly ever bother getting pedicures for myself because, well, why? My feet get beat up from all of the trail running I do. I'm constantly trimming my toenails so they don't affect my running. And those cute little sandals that show off your pretty painted toes? I don't wear them too much.

They offered us champagne but we declined and had water instead. Sara was nice enough to buy me some cookies which I brought in with us. We (I) ate those while getting my pedicure. The leg massage felt great after the run this morning, that's for sure.

Here are my gorgeous toes waiting to dry. It should take me about two days to get them thrashed. Yes, I've been told my bunions could walk away on their own if they wanted. One more reason I don't wear cute sandals very often. But, my toes sure look pretty for now.


After our pedicures we drove into Downtown Danville and walked around, mainly looking for a nice place for lunch that wasn't just serving brunch. Lots of people out and about, even with their dogs. After an hour or so, we ended up driving right back to back to The Livery and eating at Luna Loca. I had a vegetable burrito. It was very delicious! It actually had vegetables in it, not just rice, beans and grilled peppers. It had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, onions, some cheese. I was so happy we ended up eating there.
I came home and took a much deserved nap. Keith just cooked me dinner. Now I will take Boomer for his after dinner walk. A great day indeed. ;) The only thing that could have made it better is if I could have seen my mommy but one of my brothers took her to see Wicked.
I'm finally back to working my usual three days a week. Thank GOD! I can get back to my normal running life. Woohoo!
Until later.............

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't working three days a week the best!! They are always draining, but it is worth it to have those other days off and do the other things you love!

Your toes look great!!

Southbaygirl said...

Hmmmm......you and RBR running in garin with Boomer without ME on Mother's Day! The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!

Missy said...

OH what a great way to spend the day and pictures with RBR to boot! That rocks.

I love the card. Very funny!

Chris Barber, SeriousRunning.com said...

That sounds like a great Mother's Day! I think I need to try a massage for my running muscles. I'm not so sure about the pedicure for my running feet though. My running toes should be prepped before a stranger works on them.

Aron said...

so fun!!!! looks like a great mothers day :)

also VERY awesome that you got to have a fun run with RBR! i am next i know :) one more marathon to go this month! do i have to get new shoes to test out the trails?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend all around. I want to run with you two! But you'd surely kick my butt on those trails...

oh and there's the small detail about me living in New Mexico.

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh what a great Momma's Day weekend!

How come your not going to do the IM in June too? ;-) hehe

René said...

Sounds like the perfect day...and the perfect work schedule!

TonyP said...

Hey ! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment. Your blog is great as well, and I love the pics of the single-track trail, almost as much of the ones of your toes ! LOL !

Now I have a ton of reading to do to catch up on your running exploits !

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Those feet look pretty darn good. I guess the dark nail polish hides the blackened ones :).

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

You're feet look pretty good to me! They outshine mine.

Glad to hear Boomer is doing well again. Loved the poem.

RBR said...

Awesome run. You tortured me for sure, but awesome run! I can't wait to do it again once the bootay stops screaming.