Thursday, May 7, 2009

I really love single track!

As I promised myself yesterday, I got my butt out of bed and out of the house early this morning so I could get a short run in before work. When Boomer and I got to Garin, the fog was just beginning to lift. I could have gone over to the Alameda Creek Trail and put in more miles but I have decided it's well worth the extra little drive to get my dose of single track therapy!

The single track trails are getting very skinny right now.



This cow's nose was the sweetest color of pink. Someday, I WILL kiss a cow on the nose.

Boomer was moving very slowly last night. He looked very depressed. When he would get up from laying down, it looked like he was in pain. When he jumped on on the bed he plopped down in one position and didn't want to move for anything. I debated about taking him with me this morning. He was still walking kind of slow and he just looked sad. I'm not sure if he pulled a muscle, a tendon, a ligament, etc. After I put my socks on and picked up my keys, he obviously wanted to go. For the first time ever, he wouldn't jump up in the back of my car though. I picked him up and put him in. I decided if I just walked around this morning and didn't run, it would be okay. I kept an eye on him and he seemed fine once we got there. He jumped out of my car okay. We ran a little over four miles and he kept up with me without a problem. Maybe he was just stiff. He was running around Sunol a ton yesterday with Bella. He had to hop around the hills there because the grass was so tall. He'll be able to rest all day, today and tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a little muscle soreness from yesterday. It would SUCK if he couldn't run with me all the time.
Until later.............




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to bring those cows some carrots!! I bet they would let you kiss them then!! Wait...do cows eat carrots??? Anyhow, I love when you add pics of the animals!!!

Missy said...

Yeah, just keep an eye on him. He probably just twisted something funny jumping around yesterday.

Running IS good therapy.

209Mike said...

What race are you doing next?

Jo Lynn said...

Mike -- Big Basin, May 17th. 25k

Judi said...

don't dismiss boomer's strange behavior. take him to the vet. run bloodwork. be proactive. it could be anything. heart, pulled muscle, anything. i am a paranoid wreck when it comes to my dogs!

Marcy said...

I hope the pup is alright. Hate to see you without your running bud ;-)

Nicola Gildersleeve said...

What aid Station were you volunteering at for Miwok??

RunningLaur said...

probably just a rest day for the puppy - they get so excited and want to run run (sound like any of us?). Hope you get plenty more runs in with him :)

Nicola Gildersleeve said...

I am tall...during the race I was wearing navy blue shorts w/ a lime green trim...pink gaitors, and a black top. I wish I had been wearing tights, that would have kept me warm. But after I dropped out at 80km, I put on compressiontights with brown 3/4 lululemon capri's over top. Maybe those are the brown tights you speak of.

Lily on the Road said...

I love reading about your adventures, I save up reading several posts at a time, it makes me feel like on a vacation!!!

Hope Boomer is feeling better today, if not, I'd take him to the vet....let us know!!

René said...

I love your blog, great photos! I'm sorry Boomer's not feeling so hot. My dog used to run with me, but now he has epilepsy and arthritis and is on a handful of medications. Bad signs are limping, swelling and moping. I hope he'll be fine. Maybe a little cool dip in the ocean after the run will help.

Stuart said...

Great photos, everything looks so green same as around here, for now.

Victoria said...

It's Sunol-- it wiped Neko out, apparently it destroyed Boomer too. (And on May 31st, it will do a good job of destroying me, I'm sure!)

Glad he's back to normal.