Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sugar hangover?

Thank you to everyone for the nice birthday wishes. So sweet of you! I had a most excellent birthday. Want to hear about it? Yippee! Let's go!!

The night before my birthday, Christy showed up at my door with a gift bag. When I opened it up, there was a super cute running shirt (which I will show off later) and a HUGE rocky road covered caramel apple and two chocolate dipped strawberries. I woke up at 7:00 yesterday with plans to be on the trail by 8:00. I got delayed because a gift from Keith was waiting for me. When I opened it there was a new mini laptop computer. Obviously I had to sit and play with it for a little bit so I got to the trail closer to 9:00.

Beginning of my run
Boomer and I got in a beautiful 4.5 mile run

We stopped at Jordan Pond and took a moment to reflect on what the day was and how damn lucky I am to be able to be running in such a gorgeous place. I only discovered trail running two years ago. The pleasure and peace I get from running around in the hills is indescribable. And with Boomer by my side, the joy is ten-fold.

I was in a little bit of a hurry to get home because I knew (thought) Keith and I were going to IHOP for pancakes. When I got home I was surprised to see that Keith had been to Nation's and picked up my birthday cake for me. My "birthday cake" is always a strawberry pie!!! Nation's makes the BEST pies. Instead of going to IHOP, he made me pancakes at home and topped it with what? Strawberry pie, no crust. Shocked? Oh wait, it only gets better. LOL

Sara came over later with this adorable cookie bouquet. Check out their jersey numbers -- my birthday! How freakin' cute is that? These were bagged up and brought along to the Giants game. Yes, they were eaten. Nothing is sacred with me, when it comes to sweets.

We filled a backpack with lots of goodies and water and drove into San Francisco. Sara made me this sign. I held it up in between each inning and had my entire section chanting the outfielder's names in hopes of getting a ball thrown to me.
And, here's the ball
Let's see if I can remember everything I ate at the game. Actually, I didn't do too bad. Oh, on the way to the game, in the car, Sara and I opened a box of Dots. When I got to the game I bought a grilled Ahi Tuna sandwich and french fries. I had some Cracker Jack's. Some licorice. A fried elephant ear with powdered sugar, strawberries and whipped cream. Oh yeah!
Me and Sara
Me and Keith
Me and my youngest brother, Steve

Sara's boyfriend, Sterling. Dude, how are you cold? You're from Chicago!

The Giants beat Atlanta in a final score of 6-3. The game was a ton of fun. Of course it's always fun when your team wins. AND IT'S YOU BIRTHDAY! The evening did have to come to an end though. What did that mean for this birthday girl? A mouth full of whipped cream, compliments of the hot cocoa vendor guy. I kid you not!


Life doesn't get much better than this. Or does it? ;)
Until later.............

15 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah, that pretty much looks like the perrrrfect day! I'll be over in a minute. What a great birthday. I love the sign. Nice balls;)

Unknown said...

So how close DID you come to gaining 4.5 pounds on your B'day from all those sweets?!?! LOL.

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

That looks like you had a great birthday! With all the people you love and some good food, how COULD it get better??

(still jealous of your trails)

Marlene said...

That sounds like a FANTASTIC Birthday! So glad you had a great day!

RunningLaur said...

I love how you're holding up Boomer in the photo! Maybe that was 4.5 pounds of sugar - a great birthday!

René said...

Awesome!

Aka Alice said...

What a great day! Glad your Giants won :-)

That is A LOT of sugar...but it's your birthday, so none of it counts.

LOVE the last picture with the whipped cream shot...perfect!

MJ said...

Great b-day. and the Giants won too...

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy. Really, what a wonderful family you have.

Marci said...

Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a great day! Your hubby is so sweet make you strawberry pie pancakes!

Southbaygirl said...

It looks like you had an amazing day!!! I'm so glad!!! But woman-I can't believe you didn't fall into a sugar induced coma after all the sweets! Wholly crap I would have collapsed!

I'm still debating about next week! I SO want to get out of LA and I so want to run the race!!!! But all I'm doing is sleeping!

Rick Gaston said...

Oh man you are so out of control with the sweets, they all look so yummy. Now I'm craving sweets too! What a great birthday.

Lily on the Road said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

another Gemini, what can I say!

Although you are "much" younger than me, we have the same passion for running, but I'm not a "sweets" person!!

So glad you had a wonderful birthday....

Black Knight said...

...late happy birthday. What a wonderful place to run!
Very beautiful pictures.

Aron said...

omgosh what a perfect birthday :) i love that pic of the trail.

ok trail running!!! we need to find a date soon so i can come join you :)