Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tomorrow's 25K

I'm doing this 25K tomorrow at Big Basin Redwoods State Park in Boulder Creek: Course Map

3410' elevation gain. Should be a walk in the park considering that covers 15.5 miles.

But, there is this amazing forecast to consider: Boulder Creek - California Weather Forecast on Yahoo! Weather. It baffles me how heat waves always come along when I am signed up for a run.

I'm hoping for nicely shaded trails. I mean, it is a park well known for it's gigantic Redwoods.

My goal? I want to finish in four hours! There, I said it. Four hours.


Until later.............

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck and have fun!!

run to eat said...

Perfect training for your 50K! Good luck! Can't wait to read all about it.

Victoria said...

And of course-- good luck! Wish I could be there tomorrow-- running OR volunteering!

Rick Gaston said...

This heat is not a major inconvenience to someone who finished the Mt. Diablo marathon in temps over 90. Besides there's more shade there and not as hilly. It's something to factor in for sure, the heat, but nothing harder than what you've already experienced. As your fans have said, you are a rockstar!

Missy said...

You said it out loud! Can't wait to get a race report and pictures too, of course.