Thursday, January 22, 2009

Running against time


Some people (actually a lot of people) I know look for any excuse not to exercise. And as exercise goes, running is not at the top of their list. I know I have talked (written, typed, blogged, whatever) about this before but it still blows my mind.

All I could think of all day was getting out for a run. I worked until 4:00 today and then rushed home, changed into running clothes, tossed my son into the car and drove out to the Alameda Creek Trail for a "however far I could get before it got too dark" kind of run. This is a little of what I didn't miss out on this evening:



The ground was nice and soft. The air was crisp and cool. Boomer could not be much happier with these perfect running conditions. I ran three miles and he ran about eight!

I am in awe of the beauty and never know what to expect when I go out for a run. I have never, ever been disappointed.


Until later.............

6 comments:

RBR said...

I had a run like that on Tuesday I was running 5 miles and I had to book it to get back to my car before dark. It was a great run and I have to say that often my midweek runs kind of suck. I much prefer my long slow runs on the weekends.

That is a GREAT picture of you and Boomer!

Glad you got to get out there and enjoy the cool weather.

I forget, are you doing Woodside?

Missy said...

In a hurry, gotta get there....ah, so glad I came. Love the pix, as always! Is Boomer smiling, I think so?!

Jogger said...

You've inspired me to go for a hike this weekend!

Marcy said...

Ahhhhhh looks so nice!

On a sidenote, I can't believe I wasn't "following" you yet! All this time . . . Geez I need to get with the program.

Jo Lynn said...

RBR - Christy & I were going to do Woodside but Keith and I decided to do a ski weekend with our kids.
Story is always the same, huh Missy? Never sorry!
Hey Jogger - that warms my heart. Go for it!
Bout time Marcy! ;)

☮momoKo said...

I like running too.

momoKo