Friday, January 9, 2009

Mission Peak Madness

This is one gorgeous place I just don't run often enough

I met Catra and her friend Sara this morning for a run at Mission Peak. I was really looking forward to spending some time with my dear friend Catra but my tummy was unhappy with me this morning (Louisiana hot sausage and green chili pizza last night) and because of the wind, I opted for just doing a four mile loop and not going to the top today. Next time will be better.

So, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a baby or a whiner when it comes to weather I consider "imperfect". We all know I thoroughly despise being cold. I will go to the greatest lengths to assure my warmth at all times. I will often overdress to avoid getting cold. I bring a sweater to the grocery store, the movies, and every restaurant I ever step foot into -- IN THE SUMMER! Once I do get cold, it's all over for me. I think being cold hurts, physically. Boomer, he's alright with the cold. But he had no idea what he was in for.

There is no way I can relay to you, through this keyboard, how freakin' WINDY it was this morning. I ended up having to walk towards the end because I would have literally been blown down the Horse Heaven Trail in a ball (picture a tumbleweed, okay?) if I would have had both of my feet off the ground at the same time. And that trail is steep!!

I was a bit concerned about my young son being swept away also. At times he would go to the side of the trail and sit down, looking up at the mountain like I'm pretty sure that mountain is going to fall down on us Mom. Look at how he had to walk sideways-like, just to avoid falling over.
Oh, and then I get back to my car and the stupid Suburban parked behind me is so damn close to the back of my car, I couldn't even open the back for Boomer to hop in. I looked (glared!) through their windshield and could see a man kind of crouching across the back seat with his shirt off. I'm thinking he's changing into running clothes or something. Then I notice a hand on his back and one in his hair. These hands had long nails! Mmmm huh! This Suburban was rockin' and he still had his pants on. Yup, it was THAT WINDY!

2 comments:

Missy said...

A windy run, a peep show, what more could you ask for?! The knock em out kind of wind too, that kills my eyes (contacts).

Southbaygirl said...

I am laughing that the suburban was rockin!!! how funny is that!

Don't feel so bad-I'm a bit of a weather wimp as well!!! And I worry about Velcro all the time when we're out running-sometimes more than myself!!!

Looks like a great run no matter how far you went or that you walked down the windy part!!