Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Girl

It was a beautiful sunny day today. This makes me very, very happy! It's so nice that sunshine and a good run can make me so giddy. Boomer and I met Christy this morning at Garin for a 5.5 mile run. It was chilly but not windy like yesterday, thank God!



We ran out two miles and saw my HSE (High School Enemy), Lori with her dog Mikey and a couple of her running buddies (Sue, with her two dogs & Cathy). We ran with them for just a tiny bit before they headed up the High Ridge Loop and Christy and I took the lower portion of the High Ridge Loop back towards our cars parked at May Road. But, much to our surprise, we did something a little different today. We picked some hills, and we ran up them. I know, I know. I couldn't believe it either. And the funny thing is, I initiated it! LOL (Slapping my knee) And of course, Christy with her willing spirit, said let's do it. We aren't great at it yet but at least we're trying to run up more now than we did a year ago. We, naturally, felt really good after we were done. It was a good workout today.


Keith was golfing today so I took the opportunity to go see Bride Wars with Sara. Keith and I went out yesterday afternoon and saw Gran Torino. We "shared" a large popcorn (he stopped eating LONG before I did). Needless to say I had no popcorn today which is extremely rare for me. I'll go see a movie I don't really care about, just to have movie popcorn.

We are heading out to dinner and a comedy show in San Jose tonight.

Until later.............

8 comments:

run to eat said...

Great to see you out there today! And, way to tackle those hills.

Southbaygirl said...

I go to the movies for movie popcorn too! I can't see a movie without eating popcorn-sad me!!

Nice run! Are you another person that likes sun? hmmm....I must be weird!

It's awesome that you attacked those hills. Way to go!!!!

I hope Boomer had a great run with you!!

Missy said...

The only reason I go to the movies is for the popcorn and YES on the grease flavored butter please:) Good hill work, only makes you stronger even if you hate it!

Rick Gaston said...

Hey, hey, hey, someone is getting more comfortable with the hills. Yesterday I had a good long run with my friend Jonathan Gunderson. Running with friends is such a blessing isn't it. He's also a brother in the faith so we can go there on our conversations which makes it even richer. Then today I get to run with more friends. Wow such a departure from my usual solo training runs. Saw Mt. Diablo again, from the top of Mt. Tam this time. Always thinking about my East Bay peeps!

Saw Gran Torino friday night with my friend Tanya. Her idea, I just came along and was glad that I did. Loved it. Thought it was funny and touching at the same time. Saw traces of my stepdad in the character. He put in 22 years in the Navy, only buys American cars and has a garage full of tools accumulated over the years. Believes in working with his hands, builds things, restores furniture, works on his own car and back in Hawaii he had a 76 Ranchero - big ol classic monster that was 12 miles to the gallon.

Marcy said...

Oooohhh I so want to see Gran Torino. I'll probably wait til it comes out on DVD though LMAO!

Jo Lynn said...

It was great to see you too Lori. I wish we could have run together for a while longer.
Penny - I responded on your blog. Yup Missy - I get butter on my popcorn too.
Hey Rick - Christy and I get to have some very "rich" conversations also. It's nice to have a friend like that.
You should see it Marcy. It was a very good movie. One of the best I've seen in a while.

Aron said...

sounds like an awesome weekend!! i love all your pics of your runs - its sooo pretty!

Jo Lynn said...

Thanks Aron. Anytime you feel like heading out to the trails, let me know. ;)