Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She's baaaaaaaack!

My dear friend, Christy. Today was her first "trail run" since her accident in January. She's been hiking a lot and then running on flat surfaces for about 1.5 weeks. I was thrilled when she said she would join me this morning at Garin for a run. Boomer and I met her at 8:30 with absolutely no plan in mind - just to enjoy the morning and the conversation that I had missed for so long now. It was a bit chilly starting off but, as usual, it was plenty warm after we completed the first mile which is mostly uphill.

We ended up completing 7.25 miles. It felt SO GOOD. The time just flew by with our mouths going non-stop. I knew I had to get a good run in so I could enjoy this later:

I called my donut date to let her know I was going to be five minutes late and I couldn't believe what she said. SHE FORGOT! Well! I'd been looking forward to (my donut) seeing my friend for a couple of days now, and she forgets? I have been working every Tuesday for a month and in all fairness, (not everybody is as anal as I am about appointments) I didn't call to remind her last night, so I guess I will forgive her. However, I DID stop and get my little sprinkled cake donut and enjoyed it here at home. Wow, was it ever delicious. You know the "roll your eyes up into your head" good? That's how good it was.
Until later.............

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Ohhhhhh that donut looks so good! What kind is it?! I never see those bright ones around these parts LOL

Christy said...

I see you snuck in a picture of me from behind. It doesn't even look like I'm running! I had a wonderful time this morning. Garin is so beautiful. Also the company was wonderful.

Bong said...

It's always a joy to do a long run with a close friend specially in such beautiful surroundings. The donut looks delicious, haven't seen that kind here in Ontario.

Nikemom said...

MMMM! I want a cinnamon roll now that I've been craving for the past two weeks. Maybe tomorrow's the day. :D

Missy said...

OMG, sprinkled donuts are my fav...me, you and all the little kids in town. Yummy!

Unknown said...

That last picture is making me want a donut! I like them best with maple frosting. or chocolate donuts with chocolate frosting. yummmm

209Mike said...

Welcome back, Christy! Thanks for the torture picture of the doughnut. I can't wait for Lent to be over so I can get back to junk food.

Anonymous said...

Anal about appointments and time? Hehe...that is so ME, too.

I hope you enjoyed that donut, never seen one with yellow sprinkles on top.