Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th

I was going to run 13 miles today, on the 13th but it didn't work out that way. I ended up running 11 instead. Boomer and I went to Lake Chabot in Castro Valley again but this time I took the bike loop which is 12 miles. I cut off on one single track trail, thinking it would take me back up to the main bike loop but I guess it didn't. Somehow I lost a mile. Which was fine, in the end. I was going to add a mile to make it 13 but as I was finishing up, I really was pretty tired. And out of water. I carried 1.75 liters in my pack but today was a little warmer than it has been so both Boomer and I were drinking more than usual. It was a great run. We had a very good time.
Even here, he was able to find tons of drainage pipes that might be harboring a rabbit.


Boomer replenishing his salt. LOL
Running through a beautiful old Oak grove.
Have you ever seen a tree grow quite this direction?
This kind of says it all. Boomer all buckled in, waiting for me to finish stretching, ready to go home. He very rarely lays down in the car. Today he slept on the way home.
Some people think Friday the 13th is unlucky, even just the number 13. It's been my favorite number since Keith asked me to marry him on June 13th and we got married on October 13th. Are any of you superstitious? Has any one ever had anything good or bad happen to them on Friday the 13th or just the 13th? I'm curious!
Until later.............

8 comments:

Aron said...

looks like such an awesome run :)

I am not really supersticious about the 13th... a few other things yes but not that one :) the 13th is a good number for you!

Missy said...

Jealous!!! I'm glad we know why Boomer likes to roll in poop now;) I love it that he's out there hunting. Imagine if you didn't run - that dog would go bananas!

13th - nothing either way, good or bad!

Marcy said...

I'm with you. I like the number 13! It has no significance in my personal life but it's always been one of my fav numbers LOL

Unknown said...

not supersticious. and my b'day is on the 13th of Feb which is sometimes a friday (like this year).

Southbaygirl said...

Awesome pictures of a beautiful trail! I'm jealous! And it would be awesome if I lived closer-i think Velcro and Boomer would have a lot of fun!

You are Boomer's personal salt lick!!

Gotta go work! It's getting colder!

Aka Alice said...

What a beautiful run!

BTW...your post from Wednesday completely made me laugh...awesome ski photos. I'm jealous!

Also, my word verification is kingrat... hahaha

Victoria said...

I was number 13 on my team in my favorite year of softball, and my parents got married on September 13th, so there's some good 13th karma in my family...

I LOVE that picture of you with Boomer licking you. Classic.

run to eat said...

Well, I went away for a women's retreat in Monterey on Friday the 13th and it was awesome! Not superstitious anymore :)
Glad you had a good run, Girlfriend.