Monday, March 15, 2010

How am I doing?

First things first: Thank you all SO MUCH for the nice comments and prayers you left on my last post. You need to know that you all are a large part of my recovery and I appreciate each and every one of you.

I have completed seven VERY FULL days of treatment and am feeling more and more like myself every day. I'm completely exhausted by the time I get home and actually, as I sit here at 10:00 p.m. - this is the latest I've been up in quite a few days. But, it is GREAT news that I'm repairing daily and my life is beginning to piece itself back together. Slowly but surely, day by day.



I'm still getting out every day to move. Some days are harder than others but I DO IT!!



Here are some highlights from the last few days:


Saturday I went on a 15 mile bike ride with Christy along the Alameda Creek Trail. It was a clear day but oh my gosh, it was really cold and very windy. We were planning 20 miles but decided to make a detour and stop at my Mom's house to pay her a little visit. She's been asking to see me and she finally got to meet Christy. It was a nice mellow bike ride and Christy and I did a lot of catching up. It's so awesome to have great friends, isn't it?













Yesterday I went with Sara and Sterling and our doggies to Garin for a hike. It was so incredibly muddy on the trail we took (different than our usual loop). Now, my daughter is not what you would call "an outside person." She is trying to be more active since she got her dog in December and I do commend her for that. But, in reality, she thinks I'm completely insane because I'm so active and am always doing something.



So, back to the hike. My little princess wasn't quite prepared for the mud that was on this trail. I could care less how much mud is on a trail - especially after the 10k race I did in January. Nothing could be worse than that. Anyway, watching Sara try to maneuver through the mud which was, in her words, "mixed with cow pee and cow crap and totally gross" had me doubled over laughing my ass off during the entire hike. To her credit, she DID NOT complain. Years ago she definitely would have plopped herself down, crossed her arms and told me she was going to go no further. I laughed so hard, so much, that my ab muscles were sore last night. Here's some pictures from that hike.


Am I a bad Mom because I think these pictures are absolutely HILARIOUS???!!!!! Luckily, she doesn't read my blog, eh?




The dogs are a lot like me - mud causes them no worries at all.


Early this evening, or late this afternoon, however you want to word it - Boomer and I met Christy and went for a nice little 4.5 mile run. It was 72 degrees when we started the run at 4:45. Pretty great if you ask me. Again, great to spend some quality time chatting with Christy.










So, there's my little update for you. Things are looking up. It's just a matter of time, but I'm not rushing it either.



"MED2010" Accountability:

03/10 - 1.5 mile run, 2 mile walk

03/11 - 1.5 mile run

03/12 - 2 mile run

03/13 - 15 mile bike ride

03/14 - 3 mile hike

03/15 - 4.5 mile run





Until later.............

20 comments:

Missy said...

Well, it sounds like positive steps. I am really glad to hear it. I imagine that it is totally exhausting.

You're not a bad mom but she would 'kick your butt' if she knew you posted those:)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Glad things are looking up.

Some great pictures. Reminds me of my youth in West Virginia (yes, it was a State then) and the daily treks into the woods to just enjoy nature.

Keep your chin up.

Cheers!

Ewa said...

Oh your daughter will always remember that 'totally gross' hike with fondness.
Love the pics.
Glad to hear that the treatment is working for you. You'll be whole soon.

RBR said...

Hey gorgeous, I am really sorry to hear about your struggles.

Since my drama hit, I have recommitted to be more connected in that realm myself and if you ever want to hit up "one of those places" give me a call. I can come to your hood or you to mine.

Seriously call. I could use an exotic locale. Plus I have a b-day coming up at the end of this month. I will be 19.:)lol

Love you and wishing you the best.

RunningLaur said...

Glad to see you're out there getting some good trail therapy too - it's the perfect time of year to be out there enjoying it. Laughing at/with your daughter that much counts as an crosstraining too :)

Dave said...

I had to go back and read your previous posts that I missed. Prayers coming your way. Stay Strong!

Katie A. said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I think about you often! The pics you took make me want to head over to that Alameda trail - might have to give it a shot! Take care girly! :)

Looney said...

Keep going!

I took my wife to Garin a few days back and got her nice, white shoes all muddy. Then I had to take her shopping for a new pair!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Keep up the good work! Great Pictures! Glad you are still able to get out and move every day!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Sounds like you are taking some positive steps with some wonderful company. What a great way to feel better!

I would have been laughing at my daughter too! ;-)

Judi said...

baby steps. hope u are ok. XXOO.

Aka Alice said...

You certainly sound/read more positive...a very good thing.

Your daughter reminds me of me in the mud. I'm OK with the outdoors and being active, I just really hate getting dirty.

Taking pixs of our kids when they don't want us to, for our own entertainment, is always OK.

((hugs))

Aron said...

LOVE the pics :) and love that you got so many laughs out of it... laughter like that is the best!

you are amazing for keeping at everything in the middle of everything else you have been going through. i am sure it helps. miss you! (((hugs)))

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm so happy for you reading this post JoLynn, have fun with Marci today!! I just met her last week and only live about 30 minutes from her!! HAHAHA

by the way, love that you said eh? heehee

Kris said...

I wonder if that's what I look like doing the mud dance? While I don't *hate* the mud, being as klutzy as I am, I definitely tend to be really tentative while trudging thru it. :)

So glad to hear things are heading in the right direction for you!

Sarah said...

I might have to head over to the Alameda Trail with Katie, wow I never realized how pretty it was out there! :) Do you ever get in trouble for having your pup off-leash? My dog, Jack, a yellow lab is so much more fun NOT on a leash.

PS I used to have a cattle dog mix so I have a soft spot for cuties like yours. :)

Iris said...

I'm just catching up on blogs after my computer crashed. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles, but glad you are taking care of you and surrounded by good people. You'll be in my thoughts!

Lweeks said...

Awwww, love your Blog and the pics! It's really great getting to know you. I'm so glad that you are in my circle of friends. You're doing fantastic and I know you will get where you want to be. Hugs

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Hi Jo Lynn,

Hope you're feeling better these days. You know you can reach out to us locals anytime if you want, right? You can contact me via FB or email...

Cynthia

Unknown said...

So glad that you are getting well, one day at a time.

Love the photos of your daughter on the trail. Tooooo funny.

Keep smiling. *hugs*