Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

The first of my two favorite holidays is now behind us. I had a very nice Thanksgiving with my family and friends. My day started off with a six mile run with Christy and Boomer on the Alameda Creek Trail. I love starting a holiday with a nice run and Christy is always there to join me on these days. She gave me a gourmet chocolate-caramel-almond covered two-pound Fuji apple that she had purchased in Concord for me earlier in the week. Oh my, it was to die for! I started cooking around 10:30 in the morning. I made a pumpkin cake, two appetizers, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad and rolls. Keith cooked our turkey on the Weber. We had purchased a Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cheesecake and my mom brought pumpkin pie and her famous bread pudding. We sat down to eat at 5:30 and by 5:55, we were all done eating. :( Then the cleanup started. I forget what time it was when I sat down but I was so, so tired! Not too tired to enjoy the plethora of desserts we had though. ;)

Friday morning, Sara and I headed down to the Gilroy Outlet Center to do some shopping. We got there before 8:00 a.m. and had trouble finding a place to park. We stood in a line for an hour and ten minutes to get in the Coach store and ended up not buying anything because the line to purchase was well over an hour and a half long. We each found it hard to buy anything because deals weren't as good as we thought they should be. Nonetheless, we walked around enjoying each other's company for the entire day.

Saturday morning I was up early and went over to Stinson Beach to work at the Quad Dipsea.

I will write tomorrow about my experience at the race. I'll just say that I was completely awe struck because of the people I was around.

This morning I was up and out early with Boomer. We went to Garin for a five mile run.

It was 49 degrees when I pulled into the parking lot. Luckily it was sunny out and I was running so I felt warm in about five minutes. I had to get home because I had to be at work at noon but as always, I wish I could have stayed out there all day. It was such a pretty morning and Boomer was absolutely loving the cool, soft trails. How could anyone not like trail running?? That's what I want to know.
I certainly feel like I have been non-stop since the day before Thanksgiving. I have a feeling the whole month of December is going to be a lot like the last few days.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving with their family and friends too.
Until later.............

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I hear you. December is just a crazy time. I'll be begging for it to end come the half way point LOL

Victoria said...

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you, too!

How about the 7th? I have school on the 6th so I don't get home until around 6pm on Saturday afternoon.

Jo Lynn said...

The 7th will work Victoria.

Hey Marcy -- I'm not sure I will wait until the middle of December!