Sunday, June 14, 2009

STOKED!

After running with Theresa and Toni yesterday, I am now looking forward to my 50K run on Saturday.
Me, Theresa, Toni

If you enlarge this photo, you can see Alcatraz & Angel Island. The larger of the two, on the right side, is Angel Island. That's where we will be running. You can also see the Golden Gate Bridge, just to the left.


Boomer and I drove up to Oakland to hook up with Theresa and Toni. We got in their car and drove up to Berkeley to begin our run. We ran through Tilden, Sibley and Huckleberry Regional Parks before getting to my car again.


For some reason, this tree made Toni crave sushi! Don't ask me. LOL

There's Mount Diablo in the far distance. Just shows how big that mountain really is. I can see it from everywhere I go here in the bay area.



A (very chatty male) cyclist was kind enough to take this picture for us. Boomer absolutely LOVED keeping track of three women.

We were gone longer than we had planned, due to a late start because someone (not me) got lost. None of us had enough fuel so Theresa was tempted to eat a leaf that was the size of her head!
Why am I so stoked? I think we are going to ROCK on Saturday! Why? Because Theresa is strong on the uphills so she'll be able to talk me up them. And I'm pretty good on the downhills so I can pull her on those. We'll have to work together on the flat portions. But as of yesterday, I feel like we'll be really good running this 50K together. I'm super excited about it now. ;)


Now I just have to make it through these next five days without running. GAH! Wish me luck!!

Until later.............

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhhhhmmm. Yeahhhh. I was the special someone who got lost. I'm a pro at getting lost. I need a GPS/TomTom.

I am so happy to have met Boomer. He was such a great running teammate and brought so much joy to the whole experience!

Unknown said...

I should have left my hair in the ponytail for that picture. Big hairdo's and trail running don't mix. Pictures remind me that I *do* need to care what I look like out there.

TAPER,TAPER, TAPER woman! Enjoy it and don't be stressed during it. Remember the bigger picture and it'll all be worth it.

Okay, back to the excruciating fun that is foam rolling.

RBR said...

Woo hoo!!! You are going to have such a great and GORGEOUS run! I can't wait to read your report! Enjoy taper. I have not been. ;o)

smooches to you and Boomer!

Aka Alice said...

Eating a leaf...that's funny :-))

Have a good taper week. Try not to get too nutty.

You are going to rock this run.

run to eat said...

good luck, girlfriend!

Mark said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

You are going to have so much fun next weekend. Rock it!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a fun run - you ladies are going to have a blast this weekend! Good luck on your taper.

RunningLaur said...

Just reading about your run made me smile all sorts of big. Sounds like you're back and better than ever!

René said...

wahoo! it's beautiful out there you'll do great!

Lily on the Road said...

You've got ME stoked!! Sounds awesome. Love the pictures, geez you live in a gorgeous area!

Does Boomer get to run with you in your race???

Mel-2nd Chances said...

stopped by your blog for the first time today, 50k!! WOW! enjoy your taper this week, and i'll be back to hear how it goes! I'm coming to San Fran in Oct for the Nike Women's HM in Oct... can't wait to see that bridge for myself :)

Missy said...

You'll make it, you'll make it, keep your eye on the prize. Looks like a great time.

I'll always remember to take extra fuel on the trail:)

Victoria said...

Oh look how much fun you guys had! And Theresa's comment about her hair? Priceless. Have a great run on Saturday-- I'll be thinking of you as I sit on my behind all day in class. (Boo.) You'll do great-- run like the wind and take lots of pictures so I can vicariously experience your 50K!

Anonymous said...

I'm just always smiling when I see Boomer and you together. Maybe because it looks like you both are in your own happy world - really cute.

So exciting your 50k is already coming up. Can't wait for your story.

Aron said...

YAY so awesome!!! hope you are doing ok with your taper this week! cannot wait to hear how the 50k goes this weekend!

Stuart said...

You gonna tear it, the course looks great and PCTR races are *always* a blast, say hi to Sarah and Wendall for me!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

I have been reading! I actually read this yesterday and was pretty puzzled about the sushi tree. I have just been so busy I cannot think, so commenting has been hard to do :(

I am always so amazed by your crazy races! Good luck with the 50k, I know you will do awesome!

Vava said...

Wow! Good luck on the ultra!

Nice blog.

toni said...

great pics and blog... so fun running with you guys boomer is so cool!!!

and the sushi tree looked like UNI! i love sushi!!!

-toni

toni said...

and yeah you guys will rock that race... no more diablos... just kicking angel butt now... have fun!!!

montisse98 said...

Beautiful pictures. And Boomer looks so happy. If only he could talk!