Friday, June 19, 2009

I think I'm ready

I went out with the family last night for my pasta feed. This is my normal routine, two nights before a race. Then the five of us shared three desserts. ;)

I had way too much coffee this morning (three cups) and no food. This gave me the shakes. I would normally run it off but instead I've been doing laundry, reorganizing some drawers, working in the home office, and pacing the floors.

Tonight I will continue to stick with my pre-race routine. I like to have grilled salmon with a salad and vegetable. I cook it here at home instead of going out. That way I don't worry about being poisoned the night before a race and waking up with tummy problems. Paranoid? Perhaps.

I have my clothes picked out and put on the bathroom counter so I can get ready in the morning without waking up my husband. I will be picking up Theresa on the way to Tiburon to catch the 7:50 a.m. ferry. I need to pack my bag with extra clothes and shoes for after the race. I have no idea how the weather will be in the middle of the San Francisco Bay tomorrow. The car is full of gas and my Fast Trak is in there.

My head is clear. My mood is positive.

I'M READY TO RUN...............

10 comments:

Unknown said...

go get 'em!

TonyP said...

Knock it out !!! Best of luck.

Southbaygirl said...

Hell yes you are ready!! You'll do awesome and you'll have a great time! I can't wait to text and annoy you while you're running!!! I'll probably be working until 4am-so hopefully I don't sleep thru your entire race!! If I do-please remeber I'm with you in spirit!!

I can't wait to hear about your race! And no you aren't paranoid!

Donald said...

Sweet. Tear it up, girl!

Aka Alice said...

You are sooooooooo ready! Now go do it!

toni said...

yipee!!! good luck... you guys will rock it!!!

Bong said...

Good luck and godspeed Jo Lynn!

Judi said...

so where is the RR??

run to eat said...

how'd ya do?????

run to eat said...

forgot to add: ultramarathoner!