Interview questions given to me by Holly at Go Holly Go. ;)
1. What race are you looking forward to the most? Explain.
Golden Hills Marathon in October. It will be my third year running it. I love the point-to-point run, the aid station peeps rock! And there's a bombin' BBQ afterwards - they even serve up non-meat options. I'm hoping to improve my time this year. I'm also optimistic about having Christy running it with me this time.
2. What motivated you to get into trail running? Why?
It's more a "who" than a "what". Catra (Dirt Diva) and I used to see each other while I was hiking Mission Peak and she was doing one of her crazy runs. She would always stop and say hi to Boomer. After seeing her there so often and at Sunol or on the Alameda Creek Trail, I finally was able to find out she had a blog. I wrote to here via her blog, she invited me to join her for a 10-miler at Mission Peak. I loved it! I had been road running for eight years but after just that one trail run, I was hooked. It's so serene, challenging, scenic, peaceful, almost spiritual at times. I could never call road running "fun" but I can call (almost) every trail run "fun." Oh, and have you seen the food at aid stations???
3. What is the most trashy TV show that you indulge in? Why?
I'm going to have to say "Swingtown". It was a great show. Nobody admitted they watched it, but everyone was watching it. C'mon, you watched it.
4. If you could have dinner with one person that you have never met, who would it be? Explain.
Without a doubt, it would be Goldie Hawn. She has been my favorite actress for a very long time. I think she is absolutely hilarious, she's gorgeous. I could imagine a cool little cafe' by a beach or in Berkeley. A casual place, nothing fancy. And we would laugh until we cried.
If Goldie's not available, then it would have to be Kenny Chesney. Enough said. ;)
5. What's your fantasy sport? Why?
Speed golf with your dog. To me, golf is kind of slooooooow and Boomer is never allowed to go along.
If you would like to play along and be interviewed by me:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by giving you five questions (I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.