Monday, November 3, 2008

22 years ago today

I was blessed by becoming a mother to this beautiful girl, Sara Elizabeth: Believe it or not, she's as sweet as she looks too. I often say I don't deserve her. Sure we had our troubles when she was a teenager but honestly, it's easy to forget when I look at the relationship we have now. We are extremely close. I'm so lucky she lives just a few miles away. We talk on the phone numerous times throughout the day and the rest of the time we're sending texts to each other. LOL We go to the movies together, concerts, shopping, lunch, vacations. She comes over for dinner once a week and gets to choose whatever she wants me to make. The only thing we don't share is my passion for running. However, I am going to train her for a half-marathon to take place in Disneyland in August. We'll see how that goes.


We went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner tonight. This is (r to l) Keith, me, Sara, her boyfriend Sterling, and best friend Theresa. I had a delicious chopped vegetable salad, chicken and mushroom pizza and of course a slice of their seasonal pumpkin cheesecake. I naturally took home half my salad and pizza and ate the entire cheesecake. Hey, it's all about priorities, right?

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Who is the daughter?! I AM NOT KIDDING! (I know now that I looked at the second pic) You cannot possibly be in your 40's?!? Did you sell your soul to the Devil or something? ;-)

Jo Lynn said...

HA HA Marcy. I would say it's all the clean, healthy living I do but that would be a big, fat lie. Strictly genetics.
(Thanks by the way.) ;)

Victoria said...

That's so cool that you live close to your mom and your daughter-- I saw my mom this weekend but then won't see her until Thanksgiving-- they missed the entire pink cast episode! Happy Birthday to your daughter!