Thursday, January 5, 2012

Knock, knock.......

Still there? 

Great!!!  So am I.

Do you want the good news, or the bad news?  I will let you off the hook and let you know right up front - there is no bad news!!!  I have only great news. 

Ready?

First off, I'm not in rehab now, nor have I been during these past few months that I have been MIA in Blogger-land.  Things are great in that department.  Thank God!

Beginning tomorrow, I will be carrying my camera again and doing posts on a regular basis.  I have still been working out like a maniac and moving every single day (2 years straight now)!  I love my new bike.  My husband has started cycling and really likes it so we have been riding a lot together.  I've been walking a lot more than running since my last good run on Thanksgiving morning.  My other foot (the one that still has a bunion on it) is giving me some trouble but I'm thinking a stiffer running shoe might straighten that out.  I have faith.  I have, however, been hiking a fair amount which still gives me much enjoyment.

Do you remember last year when I participated in Cinderella Challenge training with the Fremont Freewheelers?  Well, I'm participating again but in a different role.  I will be a ride leader this year for the Challenge 1 group, which is the group I was in last year.  Our training starts Saturday and the official training starts on January 14th.  Every Saturday until the actual Cinderella ride on March 31st.  If any of you local ladies are interested in signing up and don't know how, contact me.

I am signed up for the San Jose Metro Olympic Distance Triathlon in April.  A cyclist friend of mine who does triathlons (and is an ANIMAL) has promised to help me with the open water swimming training part of it.  I'm super excited about it.  Nervous, but excited.  I will definitely be depending on you guys for encouragement here.

And finally.................

Sara is pregnant!!!  I found out the night before Thanksgiving but didn't announce it on Facebook until she had a sonogram and I was able to see the little heartbeat.  She is due in August and everyone is so incredibly excited!

Happy 2012 everybody!

8 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Let's start this by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1) yeah for no rehad!
2) yeah for MESD...(moving every single day)
3) yeah for hubs cycling...awesome
4) yeah for lead rider!
5) yeah for your Animal friend who will help yo with your open water swimming!
6) YEAH for being in the throws of becoming a grandma...wishing Sara and Baby a very healthy pregnancy!!!

So, an all round YEAH for 2012!!

Molly said...

Happy new year!!!! I'll be at the Metro tri too! Maybe I'll finally get to meet ya there :-)

trailmomma said...

Congrats!!!!! Whooo!

I love that you move daily. I need to get on that asap!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

What a great post about your livfe's changing perspective. No rehab, hubs joining you, lead rider, a gramma-to-be. Your view of life is changing. What a wonderful year this will be!

Congrats to Sara! Praying for an enjoyable pregnacy experience for her.

Ewa said...

Hello, my REAL (now) friend. See, for you I am breaking my 'no social media for a few days' rule.
Welcome back to the blog land. I am glad to see you here with promises of new pictures. It will give me ideas for new places to explore.
I had a wonderful time on our hike today. You are funny and a great company. Can't wait for more hikes together.

Kris said...

Happy New Year friend! It will be so much fun to see you at Metro! And please...*you* too are an animal, so it just makes sense that you are in the company of them!

Hope we can hit some trails or roads this year! Even hiking would be great....Bam and Boomer. :)

Irene said...

Bloggerland has been kinda quiet lately... I haven't been any better about blogging, but I hope to get back with it, too.

Happy new year and congratulations to your family with the baby to be! That's exciting news!

K said...

Glad to see you back! Missed reading your witty posts.