Thursday, June 16, 2011

Jamaica wedding

My daughter's wedding went off without many problems a hitch!  Seriously, it turned out perfect!  Everybody had a great time and most importantly, the bride was happy.

*Oopsie #1* - The day before the wedding, she had to get cortisone shots in her behind because she was swelling up so bad due to mosquito bites.  She couldn't even walk during the rehearsal that morning.

*Oopsie #2* - As soon as we started walking from the bridal suite to the wedding site, it began to POUR!  It poured for an hour.  She even took her wedding gown off.  LOL  But, once the rain stopped we had beautiful weather for the ceremony and most of the reception.  The reception was under cover so that was just fine.  I'm sure a lot of people appreciated that it wasn't as hot as it could have been.

Now, what you really came here for was photos, right?  Well, here you go!  Enjoy.













These are a very small percentage of what I actually have.  If you want to see more, find me on Facebook and there you can view an album.

I will put up some from our vacation.  We had a great trip.  I hate to be back (well, Boomer is here so that makes it alright) and I can't wait until we go again.  We plan on taking another trip October, 2012 for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Until later.............

14 comments:

Molly said...

Couples Negril! I recognize the balconies and chess set. We stayed there years ago! Great pix!

Jo Lynn said...

Actually, this was Beaches Negril. Good guess on the 'Negril' part though.

Kris said...

Looks like a beautiful ceremony JL! I'm glad you're back...even if you aren't. ;) Now when are we gonna' ride or run?!? :D

Ewa said...

Welcome back. I bet Boomer missed you terribly.
You and your daughter looked absolutely beautiful. Lovely wedding dress. Wow!

Marci said...

You and Sarah are simply beautiful!! You could both model for a wedding magazine!! Glad it went well, despite a few snafus!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Looks like it was great fun!
Our 20th is next year also

Lisa said...

Wow! gorgeous ceremony! I've always been told that rain on your wedding day is good luck. My husband and I got married in the Virgin Islands and it poured the morning of our wedding too. We are going on 10 years!

Congrats!!

Runners Fuel said...

beautiful wedding!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the photos you shared on FB. :-)

The Green Girl said...

So glad everything worked out in the end. Beautiful!

Aron said...

I know I already told you this on FB but I will tell you again - you are both STUNNING! Wow what a beautiful bride (and MOB!) and wedding.

I love the stories too - those little things are the things you will be talking about for years to come.

I am sure Boomer was so happy to have you home :)

RBR said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to your beautiful daughter, her lucky husband, and her loving, yet way too freaking hot to be the mother of the bride, mom.

Nice job, mama. You done good.

trailmomma said...

Oh my gosh!! How gorgeous. Your daughter is beautiful!!!! Her dress is amazing! Welcome home.

audgepodge said...

You and your daughter look gorgeous! Looks like a beautiful wedding :)